Test 1: Recursive File Structure
This test will help us to explore your research, problem solving and coding capability. Above sample
illustrates a file system on the computer. Red colour represents the folders (e.g. Documents) and blue
colours represent the files (e.g. Image1.jpg). This is a sample file system structure and the solution should
handle any type of recursive file system structure. For example when we create a new folder, subfolder or
file in the system, the solution should able to handle the changes on file system.
1. Create a database design to able to store given file system as above.
2. Create a text file with above file system structure and read and insert into database. Inserting above
structure into database manually will not be accepted.
3. Research for possible solutions and explain that why your solution is better fit than other possible
4. Create a web interface for the user so they can able to search any file or folder within database.
Web search interface should only include an input box and search button. When a user click search
button, result should be listed as below. For example if the user enter ‘image’ into the input box and
the click search, the code able to list the results as below.
5. The code should be written with OO PHP using design patterns. Unit test is preferred but not
Test 2: Multi Form Validation
Name: Alphabets and space.
Email: Able to validate all valid emails.
Phone: Numbers only
Add Contact: This button should insert an empty set of contact form (Name, Email, Phone) to the
same web page.
should be displayed under each input element.
Remove: This button should remove selected set of contact form from web page and the text file
which has been saved.
Save: This button should submit the forms on the page to server side so PHP can handle form
validation and save into the text file.