Employers are required to report any serious work-related injuries and death to the authority. This information helps employers, workers and the authority to evaluate the safety of a workplace, understand industry hazards, and implement worker protections to reduce and eliminate hazards.
In this mini-project, assume you are engaged by a client to perform text mining on the accident reports to help find answers to the following questions:
1. What are the major types of accidents reflected in the reports?
No labels, supervised or non-supervised?
Clustering or Topic modelling?
All data or partial data?
2. Which type of accidents are more common?
Frequency of doc wrt topic
3. Can we find out the more risky occupations in such accidents?
Information Extraction, how to identify “occupations” words?
4. Which part of the body is injured most? (Optional)
Information Extraction, how to identify “body” words?
The dataset is in file “osha.txt“.
Data understanding and cleaning
Load the data file into R. – read.delim(), header=FALSE
e.g. textdata <- read.delim("osha.txt", header=FALSE, sep="\t", quote = "", stringsAsFactors = FALSE)
Explore your data.
- How many records do you have? How many variables?
- Examine the first few records in the datasets.
- What information does the dataset contain?
- Which fields are useful for your study?
- How long are the reports generally?
- How’s the data quality?
- What are the contents of the reports roughly? [ Create a word cloud for the dataset ]
Vectorsource, corpus, DTM
Term frequency summary
you can contact us directly at here to get any machine learning project related assignment help.